Storage King Woolloomooloo is located right on the edge of Sydney's CBD, just off the Eastern Distributor. This storage facility is in a prime historical location being in a part of Australia which was first to be settled.
Palmer Street is where you'll find our storage facility. This street was named after John Palmer who arrived with the First Fleet in 1788 as the colony's commissary-general. At this time this area was called either Garden Cove or Garden Island Cove, but it's name eventually changed to reflect the main homestead which was built by John Palmer called Woolloomooloo House.
The location where we currently reside has gone through a number of changes over the years. In 1924 our premises was used as a workshop and offices, and in 1929 the building was utilised as a factory for making petrol engines for sheep shearing machinery to power the wool industry. After World War 2, it was a factory for Max Factor and then used by the Reserve Bank of Australia to store official records. In the early 1960's, the reserve bank extended the building with a 2nd floor. During the 1990's, it was used primarily to store basic stock items and in the mid-late 2000's became under the brand of Storage King as a self storage facility.
Come in a visit Kara, Brad & team at our Woolloomooloo store and become a part of history!