Thursday, September 4, 2014

Square Pegs don't fit in round holes

By Ricky Begley
Storage King Windsor Gardens

Square pegs don’t fit in round holes.

Every customer that walks in my door has a story as to why they need storage. Most of the time the stories are fun and exciting. I often hear “we bought a new home” or “I'm moving overseas”. Sometimes the stories are sad, like a break up or a deceased estate. Amongst the roller-coaster of feelings and emotions, we get the occasional inspirational story...
I recently met a retired lady from WA who needed storage for her caravan, a planned visit with family in Adelaide saw that she needed somewhere safe and secure to store it. She went on to say that her and her husband had planned to travel around Australia but sadly he passed away before the trip began. She said she wasn't going to let it stop her living the dream they made together so she packed up, enrolled in a driver training course to learn how to manoeuvre the caravan and then off she went.

Her only companion was a little fluffy dog perched on the front seat. Now I don’t know about you but I don’t think that is something I’d be strong enough to do on my own. I am so glad that I have taken the time to listen because now I've made a new friend. I'm very proud to say I know her and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where, in this beautiful sunburnt country of ours she ends up next.