Friday, October 21, 2011

The Value Of Space

A few months ago we were wanting to sell our home that we’d lived in for twenty years, a nice sea change we thought.
The idea of getting our home ready for viewing though was daunting. Twenty years of accumulating ‘things’ left us with a full house.

Our Real Estate Agent gave us some invaluable advice that I just had to share. He said, ”People are buying space, not belongings, they want to be able to visualize their own things in the home”.
He told us to de-clutter and simplify.

Feeling even more overwhelmed with the task ahead, I called my local storage facility.  Within minutes of speaking with them I felt relieved and motivated.

This particular storage site had everything I required for a smooth transition, their expertise and experience was second to none.
I was supplied with boxes, packing tape, furniture blankets and bubble wrap. They even recommended a trusted Removalist for when we moved to our seashore home. I felt like our dearly loved belongings were in the hands of true professionals.

I must say, What a difference de-cluttering made. I loved this new look.

Our house sold quickly and the move went well.

Funnily enough, we decided to leave the majority of our ‘dearly loved’ things in storage and then have a  garage sale at the end of the month.
This sea change was just what we needed, but what we love best is our newly acquired Space!