Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Clutter - 4 Easy Steps to Figure out What your Really WANT to De-Clutter

Clutter- 4 Easy Steps to Figure out What You Really WANT To De-Clutter

By Tanya Lewis
EcoOrganiser  

It is so easy to complain about clutter - how it is taking over and stopping you from living the life you want.  But figuring out what the clutter is can be the challenge.

Do you know your clutter?

Step 1
Write down 5 things that really bug you; those things you lose sleep over and those items you continue to add to you To Do list (but never seem to cross anything off) as well as those items which make you tired and grumpy.

Here are some comments we hear all the time
  • ·         "I want my house back"

That is fine, but dig a little deeper and we hear
  • ·         "I am so tired, I give up trying and I am too embarrassed to have friends over"
  • ·         "I want my wardrobe/closet sorted out"

Dig a little more and we hear
  • ·         "I used to be able to fit into all these clothes, but once I had kids, it all changed. Now I don't feel sexy; I feel horrible, I hate myself.”


This is not about having an orderly, tidy house; it is about enjoying the company of others in your own home and feeling fantastic in your clothes. What is wrong with a compliment?
It is time to get it off your chest, so you can live the live you want.

Don't think; just allow your thoughts to roll out of your mind and onto the page?

I want to De clutter because........

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

How do you feel now, energised, stirred up, excited and ready to go?

Step 2
Take each of your answers and your new found energy, mix it with your imagination and start to imagine the possibilities. For example:

  • ·         "Ok I am sick of the clutter and it is going by (example Easter, birthday, anniversary) because........”
  • ·         “My home allows me to live the lifestyle I want”
  • ·          “Finally I can do the things I love.”
  • ·         “I have halved my housework.”

How does that sound?

Complete this sentence:              My home inspires me to..........................................


Step 3
Review your answers to the above prompts, and again don’t think, just let your ideas flow.
  • ·         Is there a pattern appearing?
  • ·         What jumps out at you?


Step 4
It is so simple…just do more of what you like. How does that sound? Less housework, more time. It’s looking great for me. If you are looking for peace and tranquillity in your home, simply add the things that make you feel peaceful and tranquil. And think about what would be even better?

For example:

“My wardrobe/closet would be wonderful with full length mirrors and a place to leave my jewellery and shoes on display.”

Complete this sentence:

My space would be fantastic with ..................................................................................


How to maintain the harmony
Staying on track with any new idea or project can be a strain. Say you are wandering around your home and you trip over magazines that you are "going to read".  Plus there are items you have been meaning to take to the charity store.

Stop and rethink and ask yourself: “What can I do to this corner, hallway or room to make it the space I want? How can I make it be even better?”

Complete this sentence.
My space is fanatic because……………………..

I hope this goes some way to getting you what YOU really want in your life.


 Source- Tanya Lewis-Eco Organiser- www.ecoorganiser.com.au