Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Storage is More than Space & Boxes

Storage is more than space and boxes
By Narelle Lougoon
Storage King Cranbourne

I started at Storage King four years ago and what a rewarding experience it’s been. I've learnt that there are more than 3 sizes of boxes; I've learnt how to select the right space for people based on what belongings they say they have and I've learnt about the ebbs and flows of a storage facility.

Most of all I've learnt all about empathy and compassion.

We get all kinds of people through the door from all walks of life and everyone has a story. I have learnt that not only are we sellers of storage and boxes, we’re sometimes the only people that have the time to talk to the customers that come through our door.   We’re the ear as they vent through their problems, we’re the sounding board and neutral opinion for the turmoil they’re going through and sometimes we’re the person they excitedly rush through the door to tell their news to. 


The thank you’s for our customer service are so rewarding because I know that myself and the other staff here go out of our way to make everyone feel important regardless of their situation.