Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Life In Storage

“My Life in Storage”

Written by: Brooke Adams
Storage King Eastgardens


Image result for woman surrounded by storageWorking in the family business I’ve been surrounded by the storage industry most of my life, and I’ve done most facets of the job, including ones which are not so glamorous. I believe my dad was quite smart in his strategy of having a 7 year old (me) complete certain jobs for small cash payments.

Over the years I’ve graduated from such jobs as stamp licker & dog mess cleaner (needless to say I don’t miss the guard dogs) to Assistant Manager and now a Cluster Manager overseeing our 4 stores.

The things I have seen over the years could fill a book and whilst unusual seems to be the norm in storage life. Mostly we see household furniture or business stock, but on occasion we have also come across more interesting items such as Urns filled with ashes and fridges/freezers still filled with meat (causing a horrible smell). Once we even found a rooster roaming our halls and had to call the dog catchers!


Every day brings a new story and a new customer request... which may or may not result in a chuckle. You could never say it’s boring working in the storage industry!